Jupiter Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions govern the access and use of the Jupiter app and the services provided by Jupiter. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before accepting. By accepting the Terms and Conditions you agree that you have read, understood, acknowledged and accepted these Terms and Conditions, Tariff of Schedule to access and use the Jupiter app and Jupiter product and Services.
Last updated on 1 March, 2021
For ease of use, these terms and conditions have been divided into the following sections:
Some frequent and regular keywords of the banking world
Common Terms and Conditions applicable to the use and access of Jupiter app
Terms & conditions applicable to the savings account accessed via Jupiter
Terms and Conditions for virtual debit card and debit card
Terms and conditions governing the use of UPI
Product and Rewards
Terms and Conditions applicable for rewards and other products
Click to jump on any section
The following words and phrases have the meaning set out below unless the context indicates otherwise:
- Bank means and includes any partner Bank which Jupiter has partnered with, towards offering any Services.
- NBFC means and includes any partner NBFC which Jupiter has partnered with, towards offering any Services
- Branch means the branch of any partner Bank/NBFC which is linked to the Savings/Loan Account.
- Business Days means days in which banks are open for business in Mumbai (India), New Delhi (India) and Bengaluru (India).
- Debit Card means a virtual debit card or a physical VISA International Debit Card issued on opening the Savings account and includes any replacement or renewed card issued by us to you at your request or otherwise.
- RBI means the Reserve Bank of India.
- SEBI means the Security and Exchange Board of India.
- Service(s) or Platform means and includes the following features in the mobile application and/or website as provided by Jupiter, collectively referred to as the “Services”.
- Online Savings Account
- Co-branded Debit Cards
- United Payments Interface (UPI)
- Quick Response Codes (QR codes)
- Jupiter Rewards
- Online Money Transfer
- Spend Analyzer (Insights)
- Financial Aggregation (Networth)
- Credit Bureau and Scores
- Insurance Products/Services (as permitted by IRDA)
- Ecommerce transactions
- Advisory Services
- Any other product/service offered by Jupiter, as and when launched.
- Third party Provider/Third Party means and includes a bank, association, company, partnership or any such entity whose facilities are used by Us to provide the Services to Users throughout the Platform.
- Personal Information refers to the personal information provided by you to Jupiter.
- Transaction or Payment Transaction means (a) a payment request sent by you for sending or receiving payments; or (b) payment instruction sent by you for a debit in his or her account; (c) fixed deposit, (d) recurring deposit, (e) buying mutual funds, (f) checking account balance, etc.
- Payment Systems Provider means the banks and other financial institutions (as defined in the Payments and Settlement Systems Act, 2007) with whom the Company has agreed to facilitate Payment Transactions.
- Jupiter is the brand name of Amica Financial Technologies Private Limited under which all the Services mentioned in this document are provided.
- Jupiter App means a mobile application provided to you by Amica Financial Technologies Private Limited to access the services provided by Jupiter.
- User means any person (“You”) who signs up on the Company’s app using the Platform, mobile application and/or website. Also applies to those who transact or avail our Services through the Platform.
- UPI means the Unified Payments Interface operated by the National Payments Corporation of India.
- Know Your Customer (“KYC”)means the various laws and regulations issued by the RBI from time-to-time. To fulfil such KYC requirements, Jupiter procures personal identification details from You before any Services can be delivered.
- IRDA means the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority
The general terms and conditions include the common terms and conditions applicable to the use and access of Jupiter App. These terms and conditions have been divided into the following:
- All the abiding rules and regulations
- Indemnity (warranties, arbitration and liabilities)
- Data Privacy and Rights
- Third party affiliations and communications from Jupiter
- Miscellaneous and governing laws
All the abiding rules and regulations
- I agree to abide by Jupiter’s Terms and Conditions and rules in force and the changes thereto in Terms and Conditions from time to time relating to my account as communicated and made available on Jupiter's website/Jupiter App.
- I agree that the opening and maintenance of the account is subject to rules and regulations introduced or amended from time to time by Jupiter and/or Partner Bank.
- I agree that Jupiter and/or Partner Bank before opening any deposit account, will carry out a due diligence as required under Know Your Customer guidelines of partner Bank. I would be required to submit necessary documents or proofs, such as identity , address, photograph and any such information to meet with KYC, AML or other statutory/regulatory requirements. Further, after the account is opened, in compliance with the extant regulatory guidelines, I agree to submit the above documents again at periodic intervals, as may be required by the Partner Bank.
- I agree that the Partner Bank may, at its discretion, engage the services of Business Facilitators (hereinafter referred to as "BF") and Business Correspondents (hereinafter referred to as "BC") for extension of banking and financial services so as to ensure greater financial inclusion and increasing the outreach of Partner Bank. Partner Bank, however, shall be responsible for the acts and omission of such BC and BF.
- I agree that, under normal circumstances, the Jupiter and/or Partner Bank has the liberty to close my account at any time by giving me at least 30 days notice.
- I agree that Jupiter and/or Partner Bank can at its sole discretion, amend any of the services/facilities given in my account either wholly or partially at any time and/or provide an option to me to switch to other services/facilities.
- I agree that any change in my account status or change of address will be immediately informed to Jupiter and/or Partner Bank failing which I shall be responsible for any non-receipt of communication/deliverables or the same being delivered at my old address.
- I agree that all instructions relating to my account will be issued to Jupiter and/or Partner Bank as per acceptable mode of communication to Jupiter and/or Partner Bank.
- I agree to preserve my cheque book/ATM/Debit Card Card carefully. I agree to keep my Debit Card information like card number, expiry date, PIN,CVV, One Time Password (OTP) confidential. In case of loss/theft of the same I shall immediately inform Jupiter and/or Partner Bank over the mobile app. I agree that I need to Block the Jupiter Debit card from the Jupiter App and/or Help Center in such a case.
- I agree that I will maintain the minimum balance in my account as prescribed by Jupiter and/or Partner Bank from time to time. However, if the Average Monthly/ Quarterly Balance is not maintained, Jupiter and/or Partner Bank reserves the right to close my account without giving any prior notice.
- I agree that I shall be liable to pay all charges, fees, interest, costs wherever applicable, which Jupiter and/or Partner Bank may levy with respect to my account or any transaction or services rendered and the same may be recovered by Jupiter and/or Partner Bank by a debit to my account. I agree and acknowledge that in case of non-availability of adequate funds the charges will be debited to the account over a period of time till the entire amount is recovered.
- Partner Bank reserves the right to refuse Cheque Books, Ad Hoc Statements, PhoneBanking TINs, Internet Banking IPINs, Debit/ATM Cards & PINs to the customer, in case the Average Monthly/ Quarterly Balance in the account is not maintained.
- I agree that I shall not pay any amount in cash to any Sales Representative of Jupiter and/or Partner Bank at the time of opening an account or carrying out any transaction in the normal course of the business. I agree to deposit cash only at the Partner Bank teller counters at the branch premises / Cash deposit machine.
- I agree to execute necessary writings in the form and manner as may be required by Partner Bank in order to execute my Fax instructions to Partner Bank.
- I agree that Jupiter and/or Partner Bank will send me in app notification/ communications/ letters etc. through Jupiter App /courier /messenger / mail/ call/ Whatsapp or through any other mode at its discretion and the Jupiter and/or Partner Bank shall not be liable for any delay arising there from.
- I agree that Jupiter and/or Partner Bank will, unless requested by me to issue a cheque book on the opening of my account, not issue a cheque book. Further issue of cheque books will be only requested by me through the Jupiter App or through ATM, PhoneBanking or Internet Banking or through Partner bank Branches.
- I agree and undertake to ensure that there would be sufficient funds/cleared balance/pre-arranged credit facilities in my account for effecting transactions. I agree that Jupiter and/or Partner Bank shall not be liable for any consequences arising out of non-compliance by Jupiter and/or Partner Bank of my instructions due to inadequacy of funds and Jupiter and/or Partner Bank can at its sole discretion decide to carry out the instructions notwithstanding the inadequacy of funds without prior approval from or notice to me and I shall be liable to repay with interest the resulting advance, overdraft or credit thereby created and all related charges arising thereby at prime lending rate applicable from time to time. I agree that frequent dishonor of cheques or high value cheque returns due to insufficient funds may lead to discontinuation of cheque books / closure of bank account.
- I agree that in the event of an account being overdrawn, Partner Bank reserves the right to set off this amount against any credit lying in any of my accounts.
- I agree that the transactions conducted by me at the BC counters shall be reflected in Partner Bank’s books latest by the next working day.
- I agree that Jupiter and/or Partner Bank shall not be liable for any damages, losses (direct or indirect) whatsoever, due to disruption or non availability of any of services/facilities due to technical fault/error or any failure in telecommunication network or any error in any software or hardware systems beyond the control of Jupiter and/or Partner Bank.
- I agree that Jupiter and/or Partner Bank may disclose, in strict confidence, to other institutions, such Personal Information as may be reasonably necessary for reasons inclusive of:
- For participation in any telecommunication or electronic clearing network
- In compliance with a legal directive
- For credit rating by recognized credit rating agencies
- For fraud prevention purposes
- To credit information bureaus.
22. I give consent to Jupiter and/or Partner Bank to disclose information provided in the account opening form for the purpose of cross selling and any other marketing agent/s and/or contractors with whom Jupiter and/or Partner Bank enters, or has entered into any arrangement, in connection with providing of services/products, including without limitation, cross selling of various financial products. Jupiter and/or Partner Bank will have to always check before any cross-sell attempt whether or not I have registered for the ‘Do Not Disturb’ facility.
- Disclosure of Information to CIBIL/ Credit Bureaus:
I understand that as a pre-condition, relating to grant of the loans/ advances/ other fund-based and non-fund-based credit facilities to me, Jupiter and/or Partner Bank, requires my consent for the disclosure by Jupiter and/or Partner Bank of information and data relating to me, of the credit facility availed of/to be availed, by me, obligations assumed/ to be assumed, by me, in relation thereto and default, if any, committed by me, in discharge thereof. Accordingly, I hereby agree and give consent for the disclosure by Jupiter and/or Partner Bank of all or any such,
- information and data relating to me
- the information or data relating to any credit facility availed of/ to be availed, by me, and
- default, if any, committed by me in discharge of my such obligation, as Jupiter and/or Partner Bank may deem appropriate and necessary, to disclose and furnish to Credit Information Bureau (India) Ltd. and any other agency authorised in this behalf by RBI.I, declare that the information and data furnished by me to Jupiter and/or Partner Bank are true and correct.
I, undertake that:
- The Credit Information Bureau (India) Ltd. and any other agency so authorised may use, process the said information and data disclosed by Jupiter and/or Partner Bank in the manner as deemed fit by them; and
- The Credit Information Bureau (India) Ltd. and any other agency so authorised may furnish for consideration, the processed information and data or products thereof prepared by them, to banks/ financial institutions and other credit grantors or registered users, as may be specified by the Reserve Bank of India on this behalf.
2. Force Majeure:
Jupiter shall not be liable if any transaction does not fructify or may not be completed or for any failure on the part of Jupiter to perform any of its obligations under these Terms and Conditions or those applicable specifically to its services/facilities if performance is prevented, hindered or delayed by a Force Majeure event (defined below) and in such case its obligations shall be suspended for so long as the Force Majeure event continues.
"Force Majeure Event" means any event due to any cause beyond the reasonable control of Jupiter, including without limitations, unavailability of any communication systems, breach, or virus in the processes or payment or delivery mechanism, sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, acts of god, civil commotion, strikes or industrial action of any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorised access to computer data and storage devices, computer crashes, malfunctioning in the computer terminal or the systems getting affected by any malicious, destructive or corrupting code or program, mechanical or technical errors/failures or power shut down, faults or failures in telecommunication etc.
I agree that I shall indemnify and hold Jupiter harmless against all actions, claims, demands, proceedings, losses, damages, costs, charges and expenses whatsoever which Jupiter may at any time incur, sustain, suffer or be put to as a consequence of or by reason of or arising out of providing any of the services or due to any negligence/mistake/misconduct on my part or breach or non-compliance by me of any of the Terms and Conditions relating to any of the services or by reason of Jupiter in good faith taking or refusing to take action on any instruction given by me.
1. Voluntary Consent for Aadhaar:
"I hereby submit voluntarily at my own discretion, my Aadhaar number as issued by Govt. of India, to Partner Bank and voluntarily give my consent to open account with Partner bank in my individual capacity using my Aadhaar number and / or as an authorized signatory in non-individual accounts and; to use my Aadhaar details for authentication with UIDAI. Jupiter/ Partner Bank has informed me that my information submitted to Partner Bank / BC herewith shall not be used for any purpose other than mentioned above, or as per requirements of law."
2. Voluntary Consent for Aadhaar Authentication:
I hereby submit voluntarily at my own discretion my Aadhaar number issued by UIDAI, to Partner Bank and voluntarily give my consent to use my Aadhaar number for e-KYC authentication with UIDAI as per Aadhaar Act, 2016; for the purpose of Account opening and Aadhaar linking and/or specified instructions on my Bank account in my individual capacity and / or as an authorized signatory in non-individual accounts. I understand that Jupiter will not store Aadhaar details at their end.
I, holder of the Aadhaar number, hereby voluntarily give my consent to Partner Bank to obtain and use my Aadhaar number, Name and Fingerprint/Iris and my Aadhaar details for authentication with UIDAI as per Aadhaar Act, 2016 and all other applicable laws.
Partner Bank has informed me that basis the voluntary consent given by me while submitting my Aadhaar number to Partner Bank, my Aadhaar details and identity information would only be used for e-KYC purpose, demographic authentication, validation, OTP authentication including; for availing banking services, operation of my accounts / relationships and for delivery of subsidies, benefits and services and / or any other facility relating to banking operations.
Partner Bank has informed me that my biometrics will not be stored / shared and; will be submitted to Central Identities Data Repository (CIDR) only for the purpose of authentication. Partner Bank has informed me that this consent given by me voluntarily and my Aadhaar number will be stored along with my account details within Partner Bank only. I have been explained about the nature of information that may be shared upon authentication.
I also authorize Partner Bank to link and authenticate my Aadhaar number to all my accounts / relationships with Partner Bank as may be opened in future.
I have been given to understand that my information submitted to Partner Bank herewith shall not be used for any purpose other than mentioned above, or as per requirements of law. I hereby declare that all the information voluntarily furnished by me is true, correct and complete. I will not hold Jupiter/ Partner Bank or any of its officials responsible in case of any incorrect information provided by me.
Data Privacy and Rights
1. Right of Lien/Set off:
I hereby grant and confirm the existence of the right of lien and set-off with Partner Bank, which Partner Bank may at any time without prejudice to any of its specific rights under any other agreements with me, at its sole discretion and without notice to me utilize to appropriate any moneys belonging to me and lying/deposited with Partner Bank or due by Partner Bank to me, towards any of Partner Bank’s dues and outstandings under or in respect of a loan facility, including any charges/fees/dues payable under these Terms and Conditions.
2. Should I have any complaint relating to the features of any of the products/services of Partner Bank that I hold/avail of, I am aware that I can approach the Grievance Redressal Cell within Partner Bank for a resolution and if I do not get a satisfactory response within 30 days of lodging the complaint, then, under the Bank Banking Ombudsman Scheme 2006,I can approach the Ombudsman appointed by the Reserve Bank of India, in charge of the region where I hold my account, details of which are available at www.bankingombudsman.rbi.org.in
3. In case there are no transactions initiated by me / us in the account for a continuous period of two years for Savings Account and Current Account (excludes system generated transactions like credit interest,debit interest), I / We agree that the account would be treated as a 'Dormant' Account by Partner Bank. I/We agree that the account status would change to 'Active' only on my/our ( all joint holders) written instructions in this regard and by initiating a transaction by me / us at the home branch. I/We understand that until the account status is 'Dormant', transactions through Direct Banking Channels like ATM, Net Banking, Phone-banking may not be allowed by Partner Bank.
4. I/We agree that, in case I/we have issued single cheque/instruction, for debit to my/our account, for issuing more than one Demand Draft/Pay-order, then the same will reflect as multiple debit entries in my/our account
5. Bank shall be entitled at its discretion to engage/avail of, at the risk and cost of the customer, services of any person/third party service provider/agent/agency, for anything required to be done for/in relation to/pursuant to any of the products/services offered, including collections, recovery of dues, enforcement of security, getting or verifying any information of the customer/assets, and any necessary or incidental lawful acts/deeds/matters and things connected thereto, as Jupiter and/or Partner Bank may deem fit.
6. Bank shall have the right to not return the application, photographs, information and documents submitted by the customer. Bank shall, without notice to or without any consent of the customer, be absolutely entitled and have full right, power and authority to make disclosure of any information relating to customer including personal information, details in relation to documents, products/services offered, defaults, security, obligations of customer, to the Credit Information Bureau of India (CIBIL) and/or any other governmental/regulatory/statutory or private agency/entity, credit bureau, RBI, Partner Banks other branches/subsidiaries/affiliates/rating agencies, service providers, other banks/financial institutions, any third parties, any assignees/potential assignees of transferees, who may need the information and may process the information, publish in such manner and through such medium as may be deemed necessary by the publisher/Bank/RBI, including publishing the name as part of willful defaulters list from time to time, as also use for KYC information verification, credit risk analysis, or for other related purposes. In this connection, the customer waives the privilege of privacy and privacy of contract. Bank shall have the right, without notice to or without any consent of the customer, to approach, make enquiries, obtain information, from any person including other banks/finance entities/credit bureaus, customers employer/family members, any other person related to the customer, to obtain any information for assessing track record, credit risk, or for establishing contact with the customer or for the purpose of recovery of dues from the customer.
8. Jupiter / Partner Bank reserves the right to record telephonic conversations with customers for quality control purposes.
9. Notwithstanding the documentation and account opening form provided, Partner Bank reserves the right to accept / reject your application. Partner Bank's decision in this regard would be final.
10. Any loans/facilities, other financial products, available can be accessed via Jupiter App (platforms through which the customer/borrower can access/monitor the account by use of the customer/ log-in id and password) and Jupiter may use such platform for providing the customers/borrowers the facility to complete online application as well as enter into/make the loan documents online. Every usage and operation of the Jupiter App or any such other platform using such customer id and password, including in cases of online loan processes from time to time, should be deemed to be usage and operation personally by the customer/borrower himself and in physically and mentally stable state notwithstanding any loss, theft, hacking etc. of the password; and that Jupiter/ Partner Bank shall not be required to check the identity of the person operating the Jupiter app using Login id and password at any point of time or his mental or physical stability.
Miscellaneous and governing laws
Failure to enforce any rights conferred by these Terms and Conditions or any law shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any such rights or operate so as to the exercise or enforcement thereof at any subsequent time.
2. Governing Law:
All claims, matters and disputes are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts in Mumbai only. These Terms and Conditions and/or the operations in the accounts of the customer maintained by Partner Bank and/or the use of the services provided by Partner Bank shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of India and no other nation. The customer and Jupiter agree to submit to the exclusive Jurisdiction of the Courts located in Mumbai, India as regards any claims or matters arising under these Terms and Conditions. Jupiter accepts no liability whatsoever, direct or indirect, for non-compliance with the laws of any country other than the Republic of India.
Third party affiliations and communications from Jupiter
Accepting these T&C, implies your express consent to be contacted by us, representatives, affiliates, collection agents or anyone calling on our behalf at any contact number, or physical or electronic address provided by you while registering your account with Jupiter. You further agree to us contacting you in any manner, including without limitation, emails, SMS messages, WhatsApp, calls using pre recorded messages or artificial voice, and notifications sent via our mobile application.
· Amongst other things, by agreeing to Jupiter & the Bank’s T&Cs, you're signing up for a background check. It means anyone who registers will adhere to RBI regulations. Also, we want to make sure no Jupiter account holder engages in illegal acts like Money Laundering, etc.
· You agree to these T&Cs as well as the Bank's T&Cs (provided below) before opening an account through Our Platform. Furthermore, any account opening (or maintenance) is subject to the rules & regulations introduced (or amended) from time-to-time by the RBI or any other regulatory body, including but not limited to e-KYC authentication, background check and risk related due diligence on the User.
· You agree that an account opened through Our Platform, using Aadhar OTP e-KYC authentication, cannot have deposits that exceed INR 1,00,000 (Indian Rupees One Lakh). And that, this cannot change – until the full KYC (C-KYC, Video KYC or Biometric Authentication, in-person branch visit) registration is complete as per Bank and the RBI regulations.
· You confirm that the contents of this T&Cs (and Your relationship with Jupiter) would be governed as per the provisions of the Indian Contract Act 1872.
Data Privacy and Rights
Savings Account with Federal Bank
- Terms and Conditions - https://www.federalbank.co.in/jupiter-tc
Undertaking and Keywords
By using the Debit Card you are unconditionally accepting the terms and conditions listed here under and will be bound by them and you accept the ones of ensuring compliance with the relevant Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Regulations, Exchange Control Regulation of the RBI, Foreign Exchange Management Act 1999 ("The Act"), all the rules and regulations framed under the Act and as amended/modified/applicable from time to time and any other corresponding enactment in force from time to time. You will also continue to remain bound by the terms and conditions of operation of your Savings Bank Account with Federal Bank and Jupiter.
1. “The Bank", "Federal Bank", means Federal Bank Limited and its successors and assignees.
2. "Card" or "Debit Card", refers to the Co branded Federal Bank and Jupiter Visa Debit Card issued by Federal Bank to a Cardholder.
3. "Cardholder", "you", "your", "him" or similar pronouns shall where the context so admit, refer to a customer of Federal Bank to whom a Federal Bank Debit Card has been issued by Federal Bank to operate on a nominated account(s). All references to the Cardholder in the masculine gender will also include the feminine gender.
4. "Account(s)", refers to the Cardholder's Savings Accounts that have been designated by the Federal Bank to the eligible account(s) for the valid operation of the Debit Card. The Cardholder should be either the account holder or sole signatory or authorized to act alone when there is more than one account holder/signatory.
5. "Primary Account", shall mean in case of multiple accounts linked to the Card, the account that has been designated as being the main/first account of operation i.e. the account from which purchase transactions, cash withdrawals charges and fees related to the Card are debited.
6. "Nominated Accounts", includes the Primary Account as described above, and it indicates the Cardholder's account(s) nominated in writing by him to be accessed by his Debit Card and PIN.
7. "ATM", refers to Automated Teller Machine whether in India or overseas, whether of Federal Bank, or of any other bank on a shared network, at which amongst other things, the Cardholder can use his Debit Card to access his funds in his account(s) held with Federal Bank.
8. "PIN", means the Personal Identification Number (required to access ATMs) allocated to the Cardholder by Jupiter, chosen by him from time to time.
9. "Transaction", means by instruction given by a Cardholder by using his Card directly or indirectly, to the Federal Bank to effect action on the account. (Examples of transactions can be retail purchases, cash withdrawals, cash/cheque deposits, etc.).
10. "International Transactions", refers to the transactions performed by the Cardholder through his internationally valid Debit Card, outside India, Nepal and Bhutan.
11. "Statement", means a periodic statement of account sent by Federal Bank to a Cardholder setting out the transactions carried out by the Cardholder(s) during the given period and the balance on that account. It may also include any information that the Federal Bank may deem fit to include.
12. "Merchant" or "Merchant Establishments", shall mean establishments wherever located which accept/honour the Card and shall include amongst others: stores, shops, restaurants, airline organizations etc. advertised by Federal Bank or Visa.
13. "EDC" or "Electronic Data Capture", refers to electronic Point-of-Sale swipe terminals whether in India or overseas, whether of Federal Bank or any other bank on the shared network, that permit the debiting of the account(s) for purchase transactions from merchant establishments.
14. "MasterCard/Visa/Rupay ATM Network", means ATMs that honour the Debit Card and that display the MasterCard/Visa/Rupay symbols.
Product Usage guidelines
1. The Card is accepted at the Federal Bank ATMs and MasterCard/ Visa/Rupay enabled ATMs worldwide.
2. Cash withdrawals and balance inquiries performed by the Cardholder at MasterCard/Visa/Rupay enabled ATMs in countries other than India will be subject to a fee, as per prevailing tariff of charges. Cash withdrawals and balance inquiry at MasterCard/Visa/Rupay ATMs (non-Federal Bank) in India may also be subject to a fee (as decided by Federal Bank from time to time) and will be debited to the account at the time/later of such cash withdrawal and balance inquiry transactions. All transactions at non-Federal Bank ATMs are subjected to charges as determined by the Federal Bank from time to time. The charge schedule is updated on the Federal Bank website.
3. For all cash withdrawals, cheque/cash deposits at an Federal Bank ATM, any statement/receipt issued by the ATM at the time of deposit or withdrawal shall be deemed conclusive, unless verified and intimated otherwise by Federal Bank. Any such verification shall likewise be final and conclusive and this verified amount will be binding on the Cardholder.
4. Federal Bank will not be liable for any failure to provide any service or to perform any obligation thereunder where such failure is attributable (whether directly or indirectly) to any malfunction of the ATM or the Card, temporary insufficiency of funds, any dispute or other circumstance beyond its control.
5. Federal Bank will not be liable for any consequential or indirect loss or damage arising from or related to the loss/use of the Card and related PIN, how so ever caused.
6. The availability of ATM services in a country other than that in which the Card was issued is governed by the local regulations in force in the said country. Federal Bank shall not be liable if these services are withdrawn without notice thereof.
Disclosures and Rights
1. When requested by Jupiter or Federal Bank, you shall provide any information, records or certificates relating to any matter that Jupiter or Federal Bank deems necessary. You will also authorize Jupiter or Federal Bank to verify the veracity of the information furnished by whatever means or from whichever source deemed necessary. If the data is not provided or if the same is found incorrect, Jupiter or Federal Bank may, at its discretion, refuse renewal of the Card or cancel the Card forthwith.
2. Jupiter or Federal Bank reserves the right to disclose customer information in any court of competent jurisdiction, quasi-judicial authorities, law enforcement agencies and any other wing of Central Government or State Government.
3. Jupiter or Federal Bank reserves the right to disclose, in strict confidence, to other institution, such information concerning the Cardholder's account as may be necessary or appropriate in connection to its participation in any Electronic Fund Transfer network.
4. Jupiter or Federal Bank reserves the right to report to the RBI expenditure undertaken by its Cardholder in foreign currencies to ensure that the Basic Travel Quota/other permissible entitlements are not exceeded by the Cardholder(s) and that the Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 is not contravened.
We hereby confirm that:
1. We Amica Financial Technologies Private limited are a TPAP authorized by NPCI to facilitate payments through Axis Bank Limited. We are a service provider and we participate in UPI through PSP bank.
2. We are bound by the tripartite agreement entered with the sponsor PSP (with name of the PSP banks to be provided) and NPCI. We are responsible for facilitating grievances / complaints resolution of the customers on-boarded on our UPI application.
3. We shall be the first point of contact for all UPI related grievances/complaints for customers on-boarded by us. In case the complaint/grievance remains unresolved, the next level for escalation will be the PSP Bank, followed by the bank (where you maintain the account) and NPCI in the same order. After exercising these options you can approach the Banking Ombudsman and / or the Ombudsman for Digital Complaints, as the case may be.
What is NPCI?
NPCI is an authorized payment system operator by RBI. NPCI owns and operates UPI payment system.
What is PSP bank?
PSP is the banking company authorized to act as a Payment Service Provider (PSP) under the UPI framework. PSP engages the TPAP to provide UPI services to the end-user customers.
What is TPAPs?
Third Party Application Provider (TPAP) is an entity that provides the UPI compliant app(s) to the end-user customers to facilitate UPI based payment transactions.
What is Customer’s Bank?
The Bank where the end-user customer maintains his/her account and has linked the account for the purpose of debiting/crediting the payment transactions made through UPI.
Who is End User Customer?
The end-user customer is the individual who uses UPI payment facility to send and receive payments.
Product Usage guidelines
While your register and transact on using Jupiter UPI, You are required to ensure the following:
a. You are solely responsible for linking Your correct bank account.
b. Since Your mobile number is treated as the primary identifier, Your mobile number needs to be updated with the bank linked to Jupiter App in case of any changes.
c. If You change the mobile number registered with Your Jupiter Account, You will have to re-register your new mobile number with Jupiter. To re-enable the Service, you need to register your new mobile number with your bank as well.
d. You are solely responsible to keep Your OTP, UPI PIN and bank account related details confidential. Sharing such information with others may lead to unauthorized usage, for which Jupiter shall not be responsible.
e. You shall take full responsibility of the payment request that you make and authorize on Jupiter UPI, including addition of beneficiary, typing and reviewing VPAs and validating intended recipients and We do not take correctness of information that you enter during payment processing, including authorization.
h. You agree that Jupiter UPI, PSP or any other system participant in UPI Payment System shall not be liable for any delay in the completion of the funds transfer or any loss on account of error in the execution of the funds transfer by you.
i. You are required to ensure availability of sufficient funds in Jupiter UPI linked Bank Account(s) in order to avoid transaction declines and charges if any accessed by your issuer Bank.
Data Privacy and Rights
Roles & Responsibilities of NPCI
a. NPCI owns and operates the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) platform
b. NPCI prescribes rules, regulations, guidelines, and the respective roles, responsibilities and liabilities of the participants, with respect to UPI. This also includes transaction processing and settlement, dispute management and clearing cut-offs for settlement
c. NPCI approves the participation of Issuer Banks, PSP Banks, Third Party Application Providers (TPAP) and Prepaid Payment Instrument issuers (PPIs) in UPI
d. NPCI to provide a safe, secure and efficient UPI system and network
e. NPCI provides online transaction routing, processing and settlement services to members participating in UPI
f. NPCI can, either directly or through a third party, conduct audit on UPI participants and call for data, information and records, in relation to their participation in UPI
g. NPCI provides the banks participating in UPI access to system where they can download reports, raise chargebacks, update the status of UPI transactions etc.
Roles & responsibilities of PSP Bank
a. PSP Bank is a member of UPI and connects to the UPI platform for providing UPI payment facility to the PSP Bank and TPAP which in turn enables the end-user customers / merchants
b. PSP Bank, either through its own app or TPAP’s app, on-boards and registers the end-user customers on UPI and links their bank accounts to their respective UPI ID.
c. PSP Bank is responsible for authentication of the end-user customer at the time of registration of such customer, either through its own app or TPAP’s app
d. PSP Bank engages and on-boards the TPAPs to make the TPAP’s UPI app available to the end-user customers
e. PSP Bank has to ensure that TPAP and its systems are adequately secured to function on UPI platform
f. PSP Bank is responsible to ensure that UPI app and systems of TPAP are audited to safeguard security and integrity of the data and information of the end-user customer including UPI transaction data as well as UPI app security
g. PSP Bank has to store all the payments data including UPI Transaction Data collected for the purpose of facilitating UPI transactions, only in India
h. PSP Bank is responsible to give all UPI customers an option to choose any bank account from the list of Banks available on UPI platform for linking with the customer’s UPI ID.
i. PSP Bank is responsible to put in place a grievance redressal mechanism for resolving complaints and disputes raised by the end-user customer
Roles & responsibilities of TPAP
a. TPAP is a service provider and participates in UPI through PSP Bank
b. TPAP is responsible to comply with all the requirements prescribed by PSP Bank and NPCI in relation to TPAP’s participation in UPI
c. TPAP is responsible to ensure that its systems are adequately secured to function on the UPI platform
d. TPAP is responsible to comply with all the applicable laws, rules, regulations and guidelines etc. prescribed by any statutory or regulatory authority in relation to UPI and TPAP’s participation on the UPI platform including all circulars and guidelines issued by NPCI in this regard
e. TPAP has to store all the payments data including UPI Transaction Data collected by TPAP for the purpose of facilitating UPI transactions, only in India
f. TPAP is responsible to facilitate RBI, NPCI and other agencies nominated by RBI/ NPCI, to access the data, information, systems of TPAP and carry out audits of TPAP, as and when required by RBI and NPCI
g. TPAP shall facilitate the end-user customer with an option of to raise grievance through the TPAP’s UPI app, e-mail, messaging platform, IVR etc. for redressal of customer grievances.
Dispute Redressal Mechanism
a. Every end-user customer can raise a complaint with respect to a UPI transaction, on the PSP app / TPAP app.
b. End-user customer can select the relevant transaction and raise a complaint in relation thereto
c. A complaint shall be first raised with the relevant TPAP in respect to all UPI related grievances / complaints of the end-user customers on-boarded by the PSP Bank (if the UPI transaction is made through TPAP app). In case the complaint / grievance remains unresolved, the next level for escalation will be the PSP Bank, followed by the bank (where the end-user customer maintains its account) and NPCI, in the same order. After exercising these options, the end-user customer can approach the Banking Ombudsman and / or the Ombudsman for Digital Complaints, as the case may be.
d. The complaint can be raised for both the types of transactions i.e. fund transfer and merchant transactions
e. The end-user customer shall be kept communicated by the PSP / TPAP by means of updating the status of such end-user customer’s complaint on the relevant app itself.
- Rewards, forming part of the Jupiter rewards scheme, may be credited in the form of “Jewels” to the User’s account after a purchase transaction and/or in app action, on and after [date] (“Effective Date”).
- Jewels can be in the form of spend percentage cashback or fixed value depending on the offer details as amended and/or supplemented by Jupiter from time to time and the primary terms and conditions of the Jupiter website and/or mobile application (Jupiter App) (“TnC’s”).
- The cashback value is calculated on the net purchase transaction value.
- Eligibility to earn Jewels depends on offer applicability, offer instructions and TnC’s as amended and/or supplemented by Jupiter from time to time.
- Different Users might be able to see/avail different offers at the same point of time. Jupiter shows the most relevant offers for the Users.
- Every offer has a budget, the offer might be removed before the validity end date if the offer budget expires.
- Jewels may not be offered / be redeemable if:
- Any item is returned after purchase;
- An incorrect payment method is used at checkout;
- The purchase is invalidated;
- The offer is valid for only offline purchases and an online transaction is made, and vice versa;
- User is not eligible for the offer / offer did not exist / offer expired before the purchase was made;
- Prohibited merchandise/products/ services is purchased for any reason whatsoever; or
- Any other circumstance that Jupiter may deem fit at its sole discretion from time to time.
- A few offers may have a waiting period of upto 90 days before the Jewels earned become redeemable. This is required to accommodate any refunds/cancellations. In case the purchase transaction is cancelled / refunded, Jupiter will deduct the Jewels depending on the offer terms and conditions and the purchase / refund amount.
- A minimum of 100 redeemable Jewels are needed in order to redeem them. This value (minimum redeemable Jewels) can be changed by Jupiter at any point of time at it’s own discretion.
- The equivalent amount for the redeemed Jewels will be credited into the User’s account / refunded in case of failure within 12 hours of redeeming them and to be used for rewards/offers/products/services that offered by the Jupiter App, from time to time.
- The Jewels are in the nature of loyalty points for use of various offers, products and services that are made available through the use of the Jupiter App. The Jupiter App does not permit any purchase or accrual of these Jewels in any other way. These loyalty points maybe redeemed by Users to participate in various offers of the Jupiter App.
- Jewels redemption per month will be dependent on the User’s membership tier:
- Redemption upto 250 Jewels per month for a basic user; and
- Redemption upto 1000 Jewels per month for a verified user.
- For the purpose of rewards redemption, the value of 1 Jewel is equivalent to 1 Rupee. Jupiter reserves the right to modify this at any point in time with prior notice.
- Jupiter reserves the right to change, modify or prematurely remove an offer at its own discretion.
- After 5 years from the date of Jewels earning, all redeemable Jewels will automatically get redeemed to the User’s account given that he / she is deemed to have a valid Jupiter account and all conditions pertaining to Jewels redemption is met.
- Further, Jupiter reserves the right to disqualify any User, who does not meet the offer requirements or in case of reasons including but not limited to any misuse of the offer or fraud or suspicious transaction/activity or under any legal requirement or applicable rules and regulations, from receiving any Jewels or cancel any Jewels already earned or credited.
- In case of a dispute, the final decision to credit / modify the Jewels lies with Jupiter.
- Nothing contained herein shall be construed as a binding obligation on Jupiter to continue the Jupiter Rewards Scheme after the Effective Date or to substitute the Jupiter Rewards Scheme by a similar or a new scheme.
- Redemption of Jewels is voluntary, and all related charges shall be deemed to be voluntarily incurred by a User.
- The User shall not hold Jupiter responsible for any actions, claims, demands, liabilities, losses, damages, costs, charges or expenses, which a User incurs, in normal course of availing the Jupiter Rewards Scheme.
- Jupiter also reserves the right to discontinue the Jupiter Rewards Scheme without assigning any reasons or without any prior intimation whatsoever. Nothing contained herein shall amount to a commitment or representation by Jupiter to continue the Jupiter Rewards Scheme. Further, Jupiter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change the mode of the accrual of one or any of the Jewels.
- These Jupiter Rewards Terms and Conditions shall be in addition to and not in substitution/derogation of the Primary Terms and Conditions.